A man’s vision, a family business
A childhood spent in the rice fields near Hue, Le Van Truong grew to love all things natural: flora and fauna have always fascinated him. Growing up he also developed a strong taste for art and handicraft, from which he became a passionate collector, antique dealer and designer, focusing on Vietnamese heritage. He founded his own architectural studio, ManaH, in 1994, part of his parent company A Dong Corporation.
He started Pilgrimage Village first as a handicraft village, to share the beauty of the local craftsmanship with Vietnamese and foreign visitors to Hue. Over the years, its success led it to flourish into a resort celebrating the natural environment. In the meantime, while exploring the coastal region around Hue, Le Van Truong fell in love with the Phu Loc lagoon and fulfilled his vision of building the first over-water villas in Vietnam, creating Vedana Lagoon Resort & Spa.
The whole family work closely together, each member is involved in the design or hospitality sides of the business, bringing their unique set of skills and personality to the resorts.
Strongly rooted philosophy
The parent’s company name, A Dong, stands for East Asia. It embodies the oriental philosophy behind Buddhism, Taoism and Confucianism, embracing its Vietnamese origins. Every concept created by the company is fuelled by passion, authenticity and a strong sense of place. Inspired by the cultural heritage of Vietnam and the luxuriant natural environment, each resort is a uniquely crafted hospitality experience.
Read more about our sustainable development initiatives
- • electrical equipment such as lights, air-conditioning, fans, hairdryers and heaters which are designed to save energy are used throughout our resort.
- • sensors and timers are used to turn off unnecessary electrical equipment in intermittent-use areas such as meeting rooms, storage areas and public and staff bathrooms.
- • encourage guests to follow energy-saving practices, such as noticeboard to remind guests to switch off lights and air conditioning, to close window shades before leaving their rooms, and to use towels or linen for more than one day.
Water use management:
- • use technologies that reduce water use through recycling.
- • remind guests and staff to save water by turning off taps whilst shaving or brushing their teeth.
- • minimise waste water discharge by reducing water use.
- • ensure all waste water is properly treated before it is released into the environment.
- • use eco-friendly, natural and re-usable materials.
- • ”do not drop litter” notices and convenient waste bins not only in rooms but also around the resort.
- • we aim to reduce, re-use and recycle.
- • limit the number of chemical products in our property.
- • reduce contaminants by using natural products such as salts, vinegar and baking soda to clean ovens, drains, windows and floors.
- • the majority of fruits and vegetables used in our resort are grown by local people.
- • use automatic dosing for chemicals for cleaning and swimming pools to ensure that the appropriate amount of Chemicals is used for each task.
- • use equipment (air conditioners, heat pumps, refrigerators, kitchen cooling equipment) which reduces leakage into the ozone of cfcs, hcfcs, etc.
Social issues in the workplace:
- • provide a fair living wage and benefits to all employees.
- • have a fair and legal child employment policy.
- • sign formal contracts with all employees.
- • establish policies and guidelines to protect employees’ health and safety in the workplace.
- • buy fair trade product: vegetables, food, drinks and equipment produced by local companies.
- • buy local products and materials that require less transport, packaging and storage and may enhance community relationships and goodwill.
- • buy products in bulk and with less packaging, to reduce packaging, storage, transport and disposal costs.
Contribution to community development:
- • 95% of our employees are local people.
- • we have made considerable efforts to create opportunities for local people from diverse backgrounds, offer them relevant training and • positions in which they can grow professionally.
- • support local communities with old or unused products from the resorts.
We are recruiting the below postions for A Dong Corporation ( Pilgrimage Village and Vedana Lagoon)
1/ Guest Relation Manager
* passionate about guest contact
* multi cultural working environment experience
* at least one year experience in the same position
2/ Housekeeping Executive
* strong organizational skill
* at least one year experience in the same position
3/ Spa Manager
* yoga and meditation, wellness program knowledege
* leadership and sales skill required
* at least 1 year experienced in the same postion or 2 years Assistant Spa manager
4/ Night Manager
* experienced hotel operation as supervisor background at least
* flexibility in respond to variety of work situations
Please send your CV to the following email address:
email@example.com, CC: firstname.lastname@example.org For futher inquiry, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Dear Valued Customers,
Vedana Lagoon would like to make official announcement that we no longer work with the website called Agoda. No availability and rates have been uploaded from our property from 11 January 2019. Therefore, if guests check in with Agoda voucher at our property, we hold the right not to process the check-in.
If this happens we will sell our rooms and villas upon availability with best available rates on the spot.
Thank you for your understanding.
Kính thưa quý khách hàng.
Chúng tôi xin gửi thông báo chính thức về việc chúng tôi không còn làm việc với Agoda nữa. Không có bất kì phòng trống và giá cả nào được cài đặt lên Agoda từ resort chúng tôi kể từ ngày 11 tháng 1 năm 2019. Vì vậy, nếu quý khách đến resort chúng tôi nhận phòng bằng voucher Agoda, chúng tôi giữ quyền không thực hiện thủ tục nhận phòng cho quý khách.
Nếu điều này xảy ra, chúng tôi sẽ bán phòng và villa tùy thuộc vào tình trạng phòng trống với giá tốt nhất tại thời điểm đó ở resort chúng tôi.
Cảm ơn sự thông cảm của quý khách.
Ban Giám Đốc